Planning is an inseparable part of any construction project as it reflects the engineering concept and technology that is foreseen to be used. At the same time planning, without compromising its technical importance and relevance, has vital formal function and it is an inseparable part of contract management, financial management and risk control efforts. Both contractors and employers are highly competent in handling the technical aspects of planning and making good use of its utilitarian functions like progress monitoring etc. Our experience from the contract and claim management area encourages us to promote a more global approach where planning and scheduling is no longer a separate activity but it becomes integrated into contract administration can be used to its full potential in circumstances of disputes, delays, design changes, budget restrictions and other non-standard situations causing disturbance to the originally planned working sequence.
The planning and scheduling support offer is targeted at all contractors, even those having own planning resources in order to increase processing capacity through co-operation.
Our in-house planners can assist in developing a programme compliant with contractual requirements (this is always a joint task with our Client's team). Our services can include:
- Developing of Tender Programmes.
- Developing and helping defend the baseline programme for newly signed contracts including any revisions required for formal approval.
- Periodic revisions and updates to working programmes following the life cycle of the Project
- Reviewing existing programmes developed by clients at various project stages in order to find potential for improvement and risk reduction for the next revisions
- Monitoring of progress and delays and evaluation of impact of delays onto the programme for the purpose of risk evaluation and time extension claims
- Programme optimisation
- Adding resource components to programmes and verification of original assumptions
- Adding cost components to programmes and verification of original assumptions
- Critical path identification and analysis
- Longest path identification
- Simulations of time impact caused by changes and developing of alternative programme scenarios.
- Developing of rescue programmes (scenarios) including investigation of acceleration potential
We use several planning tools and deliver final programmes in choice of formats to suit specific requirements. Our key tools include several versions of MS Project and Primavera, however we remain open to use other presentation formats.
Our planning services can be further supplemented by applying multi-dimensional visualisations and animation to illustrate selected aspects of the project. Please contact us for your specific needs.